Summer Camp can be a highly valuable program that, in conjunction with a traditional education can develop the kinds of social and emotional, interpersonal, and leadership skills that can help young people to succeed in the 21st century.
Because summer camp tuition can be out of reach for most families, A THOUSAND SUMMERS works to remove the barriers to these high-impact, long-term summer camp experiences for families who cannot otherwise afford it.
Our unique program provides:
- Immersive, multi-week youth development opportunities at high-quality nature-based summers camps across the country
- Comprehensive social and emotional learning (SEL) that incorporates diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI), project-based learning (PBL), and examination of real-world events
- Multi-year funding for campers which can cover tuition, travel expenses, camp store, and equipment costs
- Dedicated mentoring to support and prepare each camper and their family to extract the greatest benefit from the camp experience
- Service-oriented leadership opportunities for campers to “pay it forward” and enrich their communities