What We Offer
A THOUSAND SUMMERS works to remove the barriers to a high impact, long-term summer camp experience for families who cannot otherwise afford it. We leverage the power of high-quality residential summer camps and mission-aligned youth mentoring organizations to promote the success of underserved youth across the United States.
Our unique program provides:
- Immersive, multi-week youth development opportunities at high-quality nature-based summers camps across the country
- Multi-year funding for campers which can cover tuition, travel expenses, camp store and equipment costs
- Dedicated mentoring to support and prepare each camper and their family to extract the greatest benefit from the camp experience
- Service-oriented leadership opportunities for campers to “pay it forward” and enrich their communities
But our work is about more than just providing financial assistance. We know that by breaking down barriers to the camp experience for the kids we serve, we are giving them a gift that has the power to shape the trajectory of their lives.
Our unique program produces:
- Data-driven youth development outcomes
- Life and career skills known to be difficult to replicate in other settings
- Broad national impact through a network of high quality accredited camps and respected youth mentoring organizations
“We support youth development in an extremely unique and effective manner. We are changing the lives of children by sending them to high-quality, impactful summer camp programs across the United States. Our reach into all corners of the country proves that this organization is making a real difference for so many people. I’m really proud to be a part of such a wonderful organization!”
– Kirstin Sullivan,
Former Chair of the Board of Trustees