WHAT IS THE CAPSTONE PROGRAM?
The Capstone Program allows the 15-year-old JACF camper the opportunity to maximize the impact of personal development attained through camp experiences by creating and implementing a high-quality service project that serves their home community between January and April with the support of their JACF Mentor.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
The Capstone Campership Program is for the JACF Applicant who will be 15 years old at the time of the camp session.
WHEN ARE CAPSTONE CAMPERSHIP APPLICATIONS DUE?
Capstone Campership Applications are due no later than October 15th.
WHY PARTICIPATE IN THE CAPSTONE CAMPER PROGRAM?
- Capstone Program service projects strengthen the camper’s community and provide an opportunity to give back
- Capstone Program service projects promote personal growth and civic responsibility
- Capstone Program service projects give camper’s professional experience and an opportunity to test out a potential career
- Capstone Program service hours accrued may count towards school community service requirements
- JACF shares Capstone Camper Program outcomes and accomplishments with Associate Camp to enhance leadership program applications (CILT/CIT/JC/Pathfinding).
HOW DOES THE CAPSTONE CAMPERSHIP PROGRAM WORK?
The Capstone Campership Applicant will complete the Service Project Proposal form within the Capstone Campership Application.
If awarded a Capstone Campership, the Capstone Camper will develop and implement their service project in their community between January and April with the support of their JACF Mentor. The JACF Capstone Program Guide and Toolkit will be available for the camper and Mentor to navigate the project requirements.
WHAT IS THE MENTOR’S ROLE?
The JACF Mentor will support the Capstone camper with the following, as needed:
- Service project development
- Service project implementation
- Service project digital presentation
A JACF Capstone Coach will be available as needed to support the Mentor through the Capstone Program. JACF will supply the Mentor a Capstone Toolkit with documents to support the project requirements.
CAPSTONE PROGRAM APPLICATION
Thank you for your interest in applying for a JACF Capstone Campership.
The Capstone Campership Program is for the JACF Applicant who will be 15 years old at the time of the camp session. Capstone Campership Applications are due no later than October 15th.
Collect Mentor Contact Information
Collect the following contact information from your Mentor to have on hand as you complete the initial stages of the JACF application:
- Mentor first and last name
- Mentor mailing address
- Mentor email address
- Mentor phone number
Complete the Capstone Campership Application
As a previous Campership Award winner, you must submit an application for a new Award by logging in to your previous account and completing the application.
You are NOT required to submit new references.